Interview mit Paolo Bianca








How did you end up in this job?


When I was in elementary school, the teachers took us to see a children-show in a theater in my town.  It was a music show performed by a single boy, with animal puppets.
It was amazing!  I really liked it!  Especially the actor who had kept us "glued" to the story.  I immediately fell in love with that magic.  The magic of the theater!  And so I said to myself: “as soon as I grow up like that boy I want to go on stage too”.  From there I started building my dream!


 What was your  first role?

My first important role was for the show "The Divine Comedy, The Opera".
A popular opera that retraces the famous Italian novel by Dante Alighieri.
My role was "Count Ugolino" who in the history is said to have eaten his children and grandchildren inside a tower where he was locked up because he was accused of treason.
A truly fascinating and gory character.
At this link you can see my interpretation with the Choir of the Diocese of Rome.
https://youtu.be/QmMlKGBJnVc


Which role would you like to play one day at all costs?

My dream would be to play the role of Scar in the musical "The Lion King".


 
You currently play the bad guy Dschafar in the musical Aladdin. How is it for you to play that  role?

I've always loved Disney villains and one of the ones that fascinates me the most is Jafar.
I'm really happy to have this great opportunity to play a charismatic character, wicked but always with a comic vein.
I like playing Jafar for his evil-comic vein with sudden and fast mood changes based on situations. I have so much fun on stage!



Do you have  a favourite  scene in the musical?

My favorite scene is definitely the one where Jafar has to convince Aladdin to enter the cave of the Wonders.  From the moment he "disguises" himself as an uncle, up to the "tango" song.  One of the most hilarious and funny scenes together with my parrot Jago!


 How  much of Dschafar  is in to find in Paolo and vice versa?

Surely the thing that Jafar and I have in common is "the desire to achieve a goal".
Jafar tries to achieve his goal of becoming the most powerful person in the world, using every means available and will stop at nothing.
I am a person who does not stop in front of obstacles too when I want to achieve a goal.  Unfortunately I don't have Jafar's magical powers, so my "weapons" are : studying and perseverance!


 
What  are you especially proud of?

I'm really proud to be part, in my opinion, of one of the most beautiful musicals that are in production.
I believe that "Aladdin Das Musical" is truly a "pearl" of entertainment that deals with truly important themes: such as friendship, the thirst for power that leads to destruction, the possibility of loving whoever you want.
I am proud to play one of the 5 Jafars of the world starting with the great, unique and original: Jonathan Freeman.  The original voice of the cartoon and Jafar in the Broadway musical.


 8)What are your  plans for 2023 ?

It's still a secret.
Surely, after 7 years, 8 performances a week in Tanz der Vampire productions playing the role of Koukol and Jafar in Aladdin, I will come back to Italy, my country, for a few months to enjoy family and friends. 
I will dedicate myself to my great passion: creating app adventure games.  Today it is possible to download my game from the Apple Store: “Switch the game” available for iPhone and iPad in English and Italian.  A
game that I created during the pandemic year.
Website:
www.switch-thegame.com


Then, who knows, maybe I'll go back to Germany, the country that really gave me so much and welcomed me with open arms!
After my Italy, Germany is in my heart now!
See you in the next musical!


Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Interview mit Michael Thurner

Interview mit Robin Reitsma

Interview mit Dennis Weissert